An urban micro farm experiment. Adventures in trying to live a simple life.


Monday, September 15, 2014

Day 10

I arrived home just in time to see the workmen drive off.  That's the way I planned it for today.

The electrical service has been updated and it looks like the village inspection went well because the insulation is going in.  I can tell that it's warmer in those new rooms already. Amazing.  No wonder the rest of my house is chilly -- I'm sure there wasn't much if any insulation used back then.

Hmmm, seems to be a fly in the ointment here.  I decided to wash a thousand of my son's socks that were gathered up from his old room. I want to keep ahead of things because I have a deadline looming. I'm having foot surgery on December 3 which means a month of no weight on my foot so all these things have to be done before that. And big on my list of To Do things is cleaning up that bedroom so I can have someone stay in it during my rehab time. Anyway, getting back to that fly in the ointment.....I was all prepared to do a couple of loads of laundry and use my dryer. Apparently the electricians forgot about the dryer? Or? The result was that I had to hang up all of those socks outside in the dark.  No photos today because I can't get my camera to connect to my computer.

Maybe it's just one of those days.


No comments: