An urban micro farm experiment. Adventures in trying to live a simple life.


Sunday, May 27, 2012

Time for your closeup

Yesterday was a cool, rainy day. I took comfort by calling up a shopping buddy and heading out for a short trip looking for some interesting vintage items.

This gorgeous Sunbeam Mixmaster was $5.99. I was attracted to it because there was a whip attachment for my Kitchen Aid stand mixer in the bowl. I knew it didn't belong with the Sunbeam and had it priced so I could just buy the whip. Then, I looked at the Mixmaster. Hmmm, looked well taken care of. I plugged it in and it whirred. What the heck. I've thrown away $5.99 in the grocery store buying stuff that goes bad before I can eat it! This will last a long time before it goes bad.

I took it home, cleaned it up and decided that I should keep it and display it prominently in my kitchen.

It's a beauty.


Addendum: I just realized that there is no handle on my $5.99 Mixmaster ! That's OK because I won't be detaching it and using it as a hand mixer. But funny I didn't notice it until now.

No comments: