An urban micro farm experiment. Adventures in trying to live a simple life.


Saturday, January 21, 2012

Snow day

What do you do after another three inches of snow falls on your garden and yard?



You start to think about Spring and getting your hands back in the dirt--without gloves. And you start to reminisce about the good old, warm days in your garden.


It's been a wonderful winter so far and I'm not complaining in the least, but I would definitely like to do something other than cut back my geraniums that I brought inside to spend the winter.

I pulled out my gardening box to look through my notebook for any helpful hints that I wrote down last year and saw that the "collector" in me had carried over to seeds. The only ones that I'm missing are some Sweet 100s and maybe another no-fail tomato. It looks like I have a few interesting tomatoes that I decided at some point to try this summer. I must have been purchasing seeds at the end of last summer and even the summer before that!





It seems like a hundred years ago that everything was green at my house.




No comments: