An urban micro farm experiment. Adventures in trying to live a simple life.


Thursday, September 8, 2011

Just watchin' the Packer game.

And I'm catching up on some blogging chores. Time got away from me this week.

 
 Hmmm, it looks like I had this for breakfast at some point. It looks like bacon and eggs with corn and cherry tomatoes. I remember it tasting better than it looks here.




This looks like a pile of "stuff." It was a very large harvest one day this week. The beans are starting over and the tomatoes are nearly done.



I found this leaf sticking out of the green bean patch. Where did THIS come from? It's not REALLY fall...yet, is it?


After bringing in all of that bounty a few photos back, I cut it all up and made my usual vegetable "stew." Festive, don't you think?


I only got 4 or 5 Brandywine tomatoes out of about 12 plants! And just 2 of those were big ones. This is the 2nd big one and I ate it all. I have NO idea where that lettuce came from but I found it amidst some pepper plants and I ate it, too!



No comments: