An urban micro farm experiment. Adventures in trying to live a simple life.


Friday, September 2, 2011

Assorted ramblings at the end of summer.


Here we go. I finally got to light the candles that have been waiting for a nice evening in the side yard and I have a gigantic oil spot sitting there in the driveway! It didn't look that huge when I saw it in the afternoon!




I never looked at my chestnut trees in the dark...with a flash.



I wanted to light these candles for about a year. They were just waiting for the perfect evening.



Here we are on the cusp of fall. Time to think of the end of another summer and the slow movement to another winter. It's always so short.

My friends from work stopped by tonight to usher in the Labor Day weekend. Some history....I reinvented myself at the age of 50. I remember everything about that time. I don't even want to call it a stressful time because that doesn't do it justice. I felt like an extra terrestrial who was dropped onto a new planet. However, there were so many people that helped me survive that time. And a few of them stopped by tonight to greet the fall by drinking some excellent wine and snacking on excellent treats. I used to hear that you don't make good friends at this age but I am here to say that it isn't true. 


No comments: