An urban micro farm experiment. Adventures in trying to live a simple life.


Friday, July 1, 2011

Buy them all whenever you can.

A bill to repeal the banning of ordinary incandescent light bulbs is bottled up in a congressional committee despite Americans’ apparent distaste for the more expensive bulbs that would replace them.

The 100-watt incandescent bulb is scheduled to be outlawed in January 2012, the 75-watt bulb will disappear in January 2013, and the 60-watt and 40-watt bulbs in January 2014.


I'm one person. I have a closet full of lightbulbs. Yes, they are the incandescent version. One day I decided to clean my "lightbulb closet" and was horrified to find I had been stockpiling these Edison bulbs! I don't remember moving boxes of them. Somehow they managed to creep into my life here at Daisy Farm. I should have enough to last until I'm dead and then to light a whopping big party for myself after that!



No comments: