An urban micro farm experiment. Adventures in trying to live a simple life.


Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Small steps

While it might not seem like much, moving from the walker to the scooter is HUGE!




Up until a few minutes ago, I used the walker to get myself up and out of a chair and over to the scooter if I needed to go into another room. If it was the bathroom, forget it. It was the walker all the way.

But I decided to try transferring from the chair to the scooter and taking that into the bathroom and it works!  This is a HUGE development in the positive direction because the walker is exhausting. It takes a toll on the upper arms and shoulders. I dreaded getting up. The first thing I did in the morning was hop from my bed to the bathroom and from there into the living room using the walker. Now, I'm going to use the scooter.

I just renewed the rental for another week. Worth every penny.




No comments: