An urban micro farm experiment. Adventures in trying to live a simple life.


Saturday, April 6, 2013

Orange is the new neutral



This is my new view when I look at the street in front of my house.








Last night, I met neighbors that I have never spoken to before. I was outside staring at the mess and they were driving past. We chatted. Both of them live way down at the other end of my block. And now, I can see their houses because all the trees are gone! It's like someone dropped a bomb. No one is happy.






Something came over me a few days ago. It all started when I dropped a kettle of very hot, very good, homemade chicken noodle soup on the carpet in this room. As is my "style," one thing led to another and pretty soon I was washing the slip covers, washing one wall, dismantling a wire shelving unit that used to be in front of the french windows which led to me finding a different system to store my stereo and albums which led to me thinking about the ceiling fan that needed cleaning and painting and then, finally, WHY NOT PAINT THE ENTIRE ROOM? 




Right now, the carpet is rolled up and waiting for a few warm and sunny days so I can bring it outside to wash and hose off.

No comments: