An urban micro farm experiment. Adventures in trying to live a simple life.


Saturday, March 2, 2013

Low carb dinner?

You bet.

If your pizza crust is from Angelic Bakehouse (formerly Cybros Bakery) -- and is made from sprouted grain!

The ultimate in low carb dining. I switched from what I thought was a diet of healthy whole wheat products to bakery made with sprouted grains about 9 months ago. Why? Because who wants to eat a half-a-sandwich if you can eat TWO because the carbs in one regular sandwich is the same as TWO sandwiches made with their bread. It's a miracle!!! Bring on the turkey, mayo and lettuce! Of course, I don't eat two sandwiches but it's good to know that if I did, I would be eating the same amount of carbs as in 1/2 of a regular sandwich. All of this sandwich talk is getting me hungry.

Recently, I discovered their pizza dough which is great. It's pre-made and uniformly thick so there is no rising in the oven and no extra carbs. That's why I can make a pizza like this and have no guilt! 

http://www.angelicbakehouse.com








It is SOOO good.


 




Need proof? Three tiny slices of cocktail rye = 14 carbs. One slice of sprouted rye = 4 grams of carbs.

No comments: