An urban micro farm experiment. Adventures in trying to live a simple life.


Sunday, February 17, 2013

A sunny day






But it's darn cold...maybe 10 degrees. The bedding is frozen stiff and I almost knocked myself out when I hit the bed sheet! Looking ahead, it seemed like today was the best day to get some laundry outside. I realized that when you use nature as your partner for some chores, you really have to work with it by reading the signs, looking at the forecasts and rolling the dice.

I feel the calendar marching on as seed starting is right around the corner. Today will be spent organizing the packets of seeds that I purchased at the end of last season and drawing up my plan. This year, it's all about planting things that historically have been successful in my garden. Just the basics.

No comments: