An urban micro farm experiment. Adventures in trying to live a simple life.


Sunday, October 28, 2012

First snow


What's the date again? Oh, yeah.....it's OCTOBER 28!






I walked outside to get the newspaper at about 8:00 and thought my eyes were still foggy from sleep but no, there it was. It started slowly. By the time I ran inside to get my camera, it was a heavy flurry. 







As long as I'm snapping pics, my garden is officially prepped for winter. Some things are still in the ground but will come out very soon -- some kale, leeks, parsley, and fennel. I dug under all of the leaves I put in the garden this week and hope that it will speed up the composting if they are underground I usually don't do this in the fall but the weather was warm and it was still light out when I got home from work all week so it's done!

No comments: