An urban micro farm experiment. Adventures in trying to live a simple life.


Saturday, June 2, 2012

Saturday

To me, the best weekend is one where all I have on my agenda is to putter around the house and garden. Little projects like cleaning, paying bills and mowing the lawn are so much more enjoyable when they can be done at a leisurely pace.

It helps to love the house you're in! 

http://retrorenovation.com/2011/02/12/love-the-house-youre-in-postcard/




Here is the hero of my house. A mid-70s air conditioner. They don't make them like this anymore! It quit last summer. No wonder! It's been working since 1975 !!! Now I have to decide what to do: window AC units, new central AC or more awnings! I'm thinking I might go the awning route.







I am very proud of my first nasturtium! I grew the plants from seeds and they didn't look like they were going to survive but voila! Love these guys. 





Some hollyhocks I planted LAST year somehow decided to come up THIS summer right in the middle of my garden of greens.



Tiny beets in the foreground.



Leeks.




Beans are amazing. I threw some left over seeds and they are sprouting! Gardening for Idiots.

No comments: