An urban micro farm experiment. Adventures in trying to live a simple life.


Saturday, November 12, 2011

The great chicken bake off


I purchased a chicken from a farmer at the winter farmers market. It was quite pricey but a special splurge and I think we should support the people that grow our food locally.

I thought it would be fun to see if there was any difference between that chicken and one called an "organic" chicken at my local grocery store. The farmers market chicken is on the left.


If you think there is something not quite right about these, it's because they were roasted upside down!!! I got all disoriented and couldn't tell the difference between the breast side and the back side. Those thighs were mighty big and muscular.


They look too much like real chickens. I think that's enough meat eating for awhile.
Add Image

No comments: