An urban micro farm experiment. Adventures in trying to live a simple life.


Saturday, September 17, 2011

that's right, count'em

How many computers are there in this room? Four.
I replaced a large monitor with a new flat screen one two days ago.
My son helped me move the computer, an older Mac G4, a scanner, a printer along with all the connections and wiring into the room behind their old home which was what I often called "the shrine." Just drill a larger hole in the wall. So what we have here is a collection of Macs. And I just ordered another one!


This is the shrine. I had the large CRT on the table along with the G4, the scanner and lots of accoutrements. It was a tad sad because I have used that set up since I moved here. It was transitional....my freelance setup at my old house moved in its entirety to my new house and there it sat.

It served me well. Look! I still have the cheat sheet post-its that remind me to adjust curves for one of my clients. Those are probably decades old. I can't bring myself to get rid of it. My son said that it really isn't human. But I know that that's not necessarily true. It got me through some pretty rough times. This monitor and I were a partnership. I worked at my freelance projects after my day job for about 2 years. Somehow, I made it through those years when I didn't know how I was going to survive with all of my family's responsibilities dumped on me.


Had my blood test today. If all is right, I will be able to get off this godforsaken sans carbohydrate diet. I'm already off of it. There is only so much a person can do. Have we suffered enough? I think so.


No comments: