An urban micro farm experiment. Adventures in trying to live a simple life.


Wednesday, July 20, 2011

What does 98 degrees look like?

It looks like this.


It certainly paid off to buy the high end replacement windows. I feel absolutely no heat through them. It kept the house not too bad today with all the windows shut. Hard to believe, I know.



Proof.
How is it possible to not grumble about this? Maybe it's because all winter, my thermostat doesn't go above 58 degrees. I'm storing this heat for the days when I'm wearing flannel pjs, wool socks, fingerless gloves, a purple alpaca scarf and wrapped in a pink mohair coat. I just got goose pimples thinking about it.


I don't know how these plants tolerate this heat. They look like it's a 75 degree day.


I love daylilies. They are so beautiful and give you just one day to enjoy each flower.


Tomatoes are ready to start turning red.


It looks like the squash aren't enjoying the steamy weather.

We had a lovely rain last night. It helped keep things green and it saved me the time and money of watering everything tonight.


You'd never know it's so hot outside.



Yup, love daylilies.

No comments: