An urban micro farm experiment. Adventures in trying to live a simple life.


Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Why didn't I think of this before?


It seems like things grew 6 inches yesterday so I decided to do an experiment. I'll measure tonight to see if they DID grow 6 inches today. I know it's difficult to understand someone who loves to brush up against tomato plants just to smell them. There is something so satisfying in growing these from seed. I feel like I know each one of them and it was very hard to throw the last few on the compost pile. Last night I counted them. There are approximately 115 plants. Ninety of them are in the official tomato garden and the rest of them are planted here and there among the other flower gardens.


These are the beans. They grew about 3 inches yesterday.


And one of the squash varieties. I should mention that yesterday and for the next few days the weather is going to be stellar.

No comments: