An urban micro farm experiment. Adventures in trying to live a simple life.


Thursday, October 21, 2010

What is all of this going to make?


I just plucked these eggplants and the assorted kale from my garden. The tomatoes were picked a couple of weeks ago and are now ripe. I also grew the garlic and the squash. In a Jackson Pollock style (if he cooked, I'm sure he'd do it like this), I will chop and slice and smash and stir all of these ingredients into something. As of right now, I don't know what. Pasta will definitely be involved. If anyone saw me cooking, they would say that I look like an action painter. I was never a neat printmaker nor a constrained painter. And I'm not a tidy chef! It's all about embracing the artist within. How can you make a mistake if you grow all of your ingredients?

No comments: