An urban micro farm experiment. Adventures in trying to live a simple life.


Thursday, August 12, 2010

A little night canning.


It takes about 3 hours to go from tomato to canned sauce. The temperature is about a million degrees (just kidding, ha!) and the humidity is grim. It's been hot like this since the dawn of time (just kidding again, ha! ha!), but things just have to get done. My tomato plants are a disaster which means that I won't be getting a bumper crop so I have to grab what I have when I get them. Those tomatoes made 8 pints. I don't want to sound like a person who grumbles, but this summer has been a near bust. Too hot, too humid, too much rain, too much rain IN my basement, too many mosquitoes -- I'm just glad that I'm not alone. It's the talk around the old water cooler this summer. Misery.

No comments: