An urban micro farm experiment. Adventures in trying to live a simple life.


Thursday, June 17, 2010

nest

Funny, the screen was nearly invisible when I took this photo! Obviously, my eye was making some adjustments. Here is a bird's nest that is outside my kitchen window and built under an aluminum awning. When I left for work this morning, the lady bird was busy, busy, busy arranging just a few twigs. When I came home, it looked like it was done! This is a funny thing because about a month or so ago, the same female bird was checking out this location and seemed to be quite happy with her discovery. She brought a few twigs over and arranged them loosely into the beginning of a nest. Later, the male came over to inspect it. There were some "words" exchanged and I probably made some noise in the kitchen which didn't help, but they never came back. So this morning, when I saw them return, I was happy. I have to be very, very quiet now in the kitchen so I don't disturb them.

No comments: