An urban micro farm experiment. Adventures in trying to live a simple life.


Wednesday, January 7, 2015

What I did yesterday





Towards mid-afternoon yesterday, I started planning and scheming. My big adventure was getting myself into the basement for the first time in 6 weeks. 

I made it. And I made it back up (which is more important).

While down there, I changed the furnace filter and did two loads of laundry. It made me feel so good to accomplish those two simple tasks. 

I admit that getting back up was not pretty but I managed it. I found that it was actually easier to get around once I got down the stairs using the walker. Now that I don't have to hop, I can put light pressure on the foot and use the walker in the "sliding" mode which worked pretty well.

Teeny tiny small steps in the right direction.


That  beautiful broom lounging up against the wall is a gift from my daughter. It's from a unique store in Minneapolis called The Foundry Home Goods. She worked there over Christmas and it looks like she will be staying on to work on their Web presence.

http://www.thefoundryhomegoods.com/


No comments: