An urban micro farm experiment. Adventures in trying to live a simple life.


Saturday, March 16, 2013

Busy Friday


I brought my camera to work yesterday and was hoping to find the resident turkey. I found him but he was sleeping and I almost missed him. He really does a good job of blending into his surroundings. It was a good place to nap. I tapped on the window and he slowly woke up.







It didn't take long before he got his party clothes on. He is a big boy.


Leonard Cohen played Milwaukee again last night!
It has been 38 years since his previous concert here.
I hate to admit this, but at that time, I was in college pursuing my fine arts degree and wallowing in the moodiness that his music tends to portray. After all, is there such a thing as a serious artist being happy all the time? Doesn't happen. Suffering and misery is part of the reason for the need to get it all "out." His music could send you down that road to your own personal "bottom" where the only way out was to put something on paper. It spoke to me then and still does. It is even more amazing that this is the 2nd time I have seen him in 4 years. Maybe this is telling me something....

Forget about over-planning and all of that excessive responsibility and get your life back before it's too late.

He said it best: "Lighten up Cohen."











The theater was packed. The audience mesmerized. The show spectacular. 

No comments: