An urban micro farm experiment. Adventures in trying to live a simple life.


Sunday, June 24, 2012

Lemon in pasta?

I had the best pasta EVER at the Harriet Brasserie (http://harrietbrasserie.com/)  in Minneapolis and wanted to recreate it here, at home, in Wisconsin....land of CHEESE.

The secret? Fresh lemon.

It doesn't hurt to gather your basil, swiss chard, spinach and parsley from your garden just 2 minutes before adding them. But the lemon.....oh man......so good. 

Unfortunately, I didn't photograph the pasta!!!  This is a one skillet version of chicken parmesan. The chicken is buried under everthing else.





I'm eagerly awaiting my first tomatoes I have pea-sized tomatoes on the vine now. So exciting. Just think, On March 16, they were still seeds in a packet waiting for me to plant them. It's a miracle.




No comments: