An urban micro farm experiment. Adventures in trying to live a simple life.


Monday, May 14, 2012

Happy Mother's Day...

to me.  I didn't have much time to sit in the wicker chairs over this long weekend. Lots and lots to do in May. Why didn't I remember this? Storms come down. Screens go up. Lawn is mowed again in less than a week. Massive weeding of my invasive bishop's weed (accurate name, that's for sure). Lots of long bike rides and blood sugar testing. All is well in that area. In fact, after a full day of the usual antics, it was low. Of course, if you feel like you're shaking, maybe you should eat something. Well, I'm going to let my doctor sort this all out. I see it as my usual summer weight due to massive physical activity. That's how it is, was and has always been. Not much I can do about that.

The yard always looks best at this time of year. I spent hours digging up my flower gardens to pull out that bishop's weed.

 
It's always a ceremony on the day I put up the screens and lower the awnings. It just feels different in the house after those things are done.

 

It might look nice in the front and side yards but it's business as usual in the backyard. Work everywhere I look.

No comments: