An urban micro farm experiment. Adventures in trying to live a simple life.


Monday, January 2, 2012

The last hours of the holiday season

I spent about five hours in my basement rearranging and reorganizing my "collections." All the holiday items were put away. The bins this and the bins that....what did we do without bins? I am toying with fixing up 1/4 of my basement and maybe displaying some of my fun stuff.

Tonight, it's time to relax and enjoy all of the cleaning and redecorating. These are the last hours before a long stretch of work until the next holiday....Memorial Day. It makes for some grueling weeks of work with precious few weekends for relief. Was this some sort of calendar joke? Let's see, we'll make those poor midwesterners work from January 1 to Memorial Day with no time off and let's give them the worst weather imaginable. Well ha, ha. It's freezing cold out tonight and it's no joke.

No comments: