An urban micro farm experiment. Adventures in trying to live a simple life.


Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Day.

I ended my day still in the same clothes.
Not bad considering I WAS doing some messy stuff.
The end of a very pleasant and productive weekend.


It's a day to stop and remember why we're able to pursue our dreams, work in our gardens in yards belonging to a home that we love. Why we are able to choose what we pursue in our lives. When I think about living in this country, I remember my grandparents and great grandparents who decided to leave eastern Europe and take a chance on their future. I am grateful for them as I am grateful for all of those who defend my way of life--my ability to make choices. I am lucky.

Because it's a holiday, I've decided to not look like a gardening bum.
I will look neat and clean and not get covered in dirt today.

No comments: