An urban micro farm experiment. Adventures in trying to live a simple life.


Saturday, April 16, 2011

Getting a jump on it.


I decided to start changing out my closets -- that twice-a-year celebration of the changing of the seasons. My son is possibly moving back home in two months and I need to take stock of my living conditions. OK, I've gotten a little "odd" since I settled in here, I admit it. But, over the past few years since I moved into my cottage, it appears that I've taken over every closet in the place! Today was as good a day as any (rain, cold, SNOW and generally gloomy outside) to start sorting through some closets that haven't been touched since I moved in. Two giant bags went to Goodwill and there is plenty more where that came from.


While I was cleaning, I experimented with a grow light. Does it really work? Yup. All the seedlings aimed right for it.

And I'm celebrating my big day of closet cleaning with a big martini with lots of olives.

No comments: