An urban micro farm experiment. Adventures in trying to live a simple life.


Sunday, September 12, 2010

Back to gardening.

I almost forgot that I have a garden! As rough a summer as we had here in the lovely area 2 miles west of Lake Michigan, I still managed to yank some good stuff out of the ground! It's a tangled mess now. Soon the carrots and parsnips will be pulled out along with the tomato plants.


What was I thinking with these chairs? ha! There ARE two acorn squash sitting on them but I was hoping for more. Look at the tangled mess of branches and vines.

These are peas that I planted about 2 weeks ago at the very end of August. I hope we continue to have warm weather. They seem to really like it at this time of the year.

And I threw some lettuce seeds in this area. I never tried growing two crops in one season.

No comments: