An urban micro farm experiment. Adventures in trying to live a simple life.


Saturday, June 12, 2010

(non tomato) mutterings and memories


TWO POSTCRIPTS TO THE DAY.

I just spent 3-1/2 hours watching a Leonard Cohen concert and a James Taylor/Carole King concert on PBS. I relived what is possibly the best time of my life....outside of the time I spend in the company of my children....and that would be the late 60s and 70s. Over the last 4 years, I've successfully re-assembled all of the vinyl albums (and then some) that I had at that time. I still have the originals, but due to some rough treatment back then (details available upon request), they're not really in their best condition. But, I still have them. I remember moving from one apartment to another one with all of my possessions packed into my 1972 avocado green Dodge Dart. Those possessions were: one chair, some clothes, my albums, my drawings and paintings from art school and 3 very, very large paintings that my fellow art student, Jim Isermann, painted and gave to me. I really don't know how I moved all of this. I suppose I was holding onto those canvases while they were on the roof of my car. I've moved most of these things (minus that chair) from each stop on my life's journey. I've been waiting so long to hear those albums again. And now, because my very dear friend, Bob, gave me a stereo system for Christmas, I am listening to all of that music and then some.




This icon plays a large role in my life. Today, thanks to my sons, Phil and Jack, I went WIRELESS! Yes, I now have less of a tangled web of cables and cords dangling from my desks. My router, which has been a faithful business partner while I have operated countless generations of Apple computers on my home network, became less then reliable over the last few months. I could not imagine life without it mostly because I didn't understand how my network of 3 computers and printers worked together! It was my worst fear....that I would have to change a system that worked reliably for me since 1992. OK, it's time to get into the 21st Century! I'm taking my laptop to bed.

No comments: